A guided tour by super-truck of some of Iceland's most spectacular sights, including Þingvellir National Park, the great Geysir geothermal area and the majestic Gullfoss waterfall. In addition, you will experience the untrodden paths of Iceland's highlands, and a snowmobile ride on top of Langjokull glacier.
After pickup from Reykjavik, we first drive to Thingvellir National Park, where your super-truck driver will point out the many sites of exceptional geological and historical significance. From Thingvellir, we continue on to the Geysir geothermal area, with its spouting hot spring Strokkur. After visiting the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall, we head to the highlands on the way to Iceland's second largest glacier, Langjokull, where we go snowmobiling.
- Super Truck and expert driver-guide
- Free hotel/guesthouse pickup in Reykjavik
- 1 hour double ride on snowmobile (two people share each snowmobile)
- Safety equipment
- Season: All year round
- Duration: 9-10 hours
- Departures: Daily; Pickup time: 08:30-09:50 am
- Minimum booking: 2 passengers
- Valid driver's license is required to drive a snowmobile
- We recommend taking along warm clothes, hiking boots, some refreshments - and your camera
Single ride on snowmobile: ISK 6000
Children 8-12 years old: ISK 22950
The super-truck, or super-jeep, is an experience in itself; a sturdy built up 4x4, specially modified in Iceland for tough conditions driving through highlands and on glaciers. Super-jeep travel is Icelanders' preferred way of enjoying the beautiful and exciting Icelandic highlands.
Before the snowmobile ride, you will be given a complete snowmobile riding and safety lesson, including a demonstration. A snowmobile ride on top of Europe's second largest glacier is an adventure not to be missed!
● In order to drive a snowmobile, drivers need to present a valid driver's license valid for automobiles or small motorcycles
● We reserve the right to alter the itinerary according to weather, road and glacier conditions. Your safety comes first.
Images / Video