The rugged nature of green valleys, steep mountains, clear creeks and wild rivers makes Thorsmork one of Iceland’s most popular hiking grounds and a favourite place for many Icelanders. It’s only about 160 km east of Reykjavik but the last 30 km is one of the greatest strips of mountain track you encounter - with unbridged glacial rivers and streams to cross in our strong and reliable Super Jeeps. It’s a great 4x4 track and a lot of fun.
We’ll take a photo stop by the glacier just below the crater of Eyjafjallajokull volcano. You´ll be able to see the dramatic glacier where it crumbles down from the crater on the top and the blue ice of the glacier.
In Thorsmork we stop for a few hours to enjoy the fantastic landscape, have lunch and/ or take a short hike. Green valleys, 'Icelandic forest', steep mountains surrounded by 3 glaciers, as well as remarkable and easy to see geological features, characterize this landscape. Great hiking routes of different levels for you to choose from are available. On the way back you have the opportunity to take a short hike through small but magnificent canyons with a hidden waterfall at the end. We will also stop at the clear free falling waterfall of Seljalandsfoss where we go a short walk behind the waterfall and feel the refreshing spray from one of Iceland´s highest waterfalls.
- Super Jeep and mountain expert driver-guide
- Free hotel pick up in RVK 10-20 minutes before
- Season: All year but dependent upon snow conditions in Jan-Feb
- Duration: 1 day
- Departures: Daily at 9:00 am
- Pickup: Free pickup 8:40-8:50 am
Children 0-11: 50% discount
Overnight stay in a mountain hut in Thorsmork.
● Once in Reykjavik we will drop you off at your hotel or a restaurant of your choice.
● For your safety the tour operator reserves the right to change tours due to weather, road and snow conditions.
Images / Video