A great value tour which combines an easy, but exhilarating glacier walk with amazing sightseeing, as you travel through contrasting landscapes and quaint villages of south Iceland, resonant with Viking history and Icelandic sagas.
On clear days it's possible to see the famous Eyjafjallajokull and Hekla volcanoes, and get a view of the Westman Islands, just a few kilometres off the coast. We stop at the stunning Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you have a chance to walk behind the veil of water and see the splendid landscape from a different perspective.
On arrival to Solheimajokull glacier, our experienced certified glacier guides will lead you through the extraordinary scenery of the frozen world of ancient ice. Next, we'll be strolling along the Reynisfjara black sand beach where you can admire the famous basalt columns and caverns. Your guide might tell you about the Icelandic legends inspired by the Reynisdrangar cliffs, basalt rock stacks sculpted by the sea.
The impressive Skogafoss waterfall, a great favourite with photographers, is another sightseeing pearl. You can even climb up the sides of this 62 m high waterfall, to gain a bird's eye view of the magnificent cascade and, not infrequently, rainbows.
- Guided bus excursion to Seljalandsfoss & Skogafoss waterfalls
- Glacier hiking with a certified glacier guide on Solheimajokull glacier
- Guided bus excursion to Reynisfjara basalt columns & black sand beach
- Bus transfer to and from Reykjavik
- Free pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavik
- Season: All year
- Duration of trip: 12 hours
- Guaranteed daily departures - summer: From 15th of May to 15th of Sept for min 2 persons
- Guaranteed daily departures - winter: From 16th of September to 14th of May for min 2 persons
- Departure time: 8:00-8:30 am from Reykjavik
- Pickup time: 7:45-8:15 am from Reykjavik
- Distance from Reykjavik: 165 km / 102 miles.
Hiking shoes rental: ISK 1000 per person
Waterproof jacket rental: ISK 2000 per person
Waterproof pants rental: ISK 1000 per person
Please note: If you wish to rent hiking shoes, a waterproof jacket, or waterproof pants, please email us with details of which size you require for each participant.
Please also indicate whether the sizes are UK or USA standard.
You will be picked up in a bus from Iceland Excursions and you will have a glacier guide with you on the glacier.
Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Maximum 15 persons per glacier guide
Minimum age: 10 years
We recommend you bring
● Bottle of water & snacks for the day
● Warm outdoor clothing
● Waterproof jacket and pants
● Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses
● Good hiking shoes are a must and can be rented if you do not have them
All glacier and sightseeing trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. The tour operator does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions. Participants may have to sign a waiver before undertaking trips, stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
● This tour is not available during Christmas and New Year's Eve (24th - 26th of December and 31st of December - 1st of January)
● The tour operator reserves the right to alter the itinerary if weather conditions change and the glacier walk is cancelled. If this cancellation occurs, a visit to the Skogar museum and Vik village is offered.
Images / Video