We start our tour by visiting the Perlan area, which features one of Reykjavik's landmark buildings, the dome-shaped Pearl, set in beautiful surroundings. The route then takes us to the golden sands of Nautholsvik geothermal beach.
The enchanting Seltjarnarnes peninsula is our next destination. The northernmost part of the peninsula is a public park and nature reserve. Nature lovers and bird watchers will relish visiting Grotta, a small island connected to the peninsula by a tidal reef, and home to more than a 100 bird species. Grotta boasts a lighthouse, spectacular views in all directions and simply stunning summertime sunsets. Biking along this coastline is an experience not to be missed!
- Excellent quality bicycle and a safety helmet
- Professional, competent and friendly guide
- Some protective clothing
- Season: Summer: 9 June - 17 August
- Duration: +/- 2,5 hours with interpretive stops
- Distance: 18 km / 11 miles
- Departure days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
- Departure time: 7 pm
- Special departure 21 June at 10 pm - longest day of the year!
- Meeting point: Red shipping containers - Ægisgarður 7, Reykjavik Old Harbour
- Meeting time: 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure
- Minimum number of participants: No minimum
- Minimum age: 10 years
Children (aged 10-15): 50% discount
Family Fun & Bike: A private tour for families with children can also be arranged, available all year upon request:
● Departure time: On demand
● Duration: +/- 2.5 hours
● Distance: Depends on the wishes and ability of the riders, usually 7 km
● Level of difficulty: Easy
● Price: ISK 29000 for up to 4 persons
● Each additional person ISK 5500
● Meeting point: Red shipping containers - Ægisgarður 7, Reykjavik Old Harbour
● Meeting time: On demand
● Children's bikes are available in various sizes, connecting bikes, bike trailers, bike connecting rod (Trailgaitor) between parent's bike and child's bike,
as well as child seats, helmets and high visibility vests.
● The tour operator reserves the right to deny any guest or group participation for any reason.
● This tour is a little more difficult than the Classic Reykjavik tour, but the terrain is mostly flat and paved.
● Scheduled tours are conducted in English. Guidance in German and additional languages are available by prior arrangement.
● Personal insurance is not included.
● Special departure 21 June at 10 pm - longest day of the year!
Images / Video