Although this trip is an express tour, you will be visiting some of the very best known and most impressive historical sites and natural phenomena in Iceland.
We visit Þingvellir National Park (Thingvellir), where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi (Athingi) was established in the year 930 AD. Geologically, Thingvellir is unique because the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet there, and these continental plates are slowly drifting apart. In 2004 Þingvellir National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List, due to its enormous cultural and historical significance and unique geological features.
We continue our journey to Hveragerdi town, a small but charming horticultural town, where you will see how geothermal energy has been harnessed to create unique greenhouse cultivation. We then travel over a mountain heath back to the capital.
- Guided bus excursion
- Free pick up at hotels and guesthouses
- Guidance in English every day, all year round
- Season: 1 July - 15 September
- Duration: 6 hours
- Departures: Daily at 2:30 pm (14:30 h), 4:30 pm (16:30) from Reykjavik
- Departure points: Reykjavik City Hall, hotels and guesthouses in the greater Reykjavik area
- Pickup: Pick up is up to 30 minutes before departure
- Return details: Return to hotels and guesthouses at approximately 7 pm (19:00)
Youth (12-15): 50%
Children (0-11): Free
Images / Video