Tour starts at the Arcanum base. After gearing up and going over the tour plan and safety instruction we head down to the black sand and the coast line. On the way, we cross a few small rivers. When we are down at the black sand we head across the coast line towards the old plane wreck. From there we drive across the black sand and return to the base.
This tour will give you the opportunity to enjoy the magnificent and unique landscape formed by the volcano Katla which now lies dormant under the icecap Mýrdalsjökull. Weather and visibility allowing the great view to the glacier and along the coast line to Dyrhólaey can be enjoyed.
A valid driver's licence is required to drive a quad bike.
- An amazing traveling experience in the highlands.
- An English speaking guide.
- ATV per two persons
- Insulated cover-all
- Snowmobile balaclava face mask
- Season: All year.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Departures: Daily at 15:00
- Minimum age: To drive the snowmobile you have to have driver license and be 17 years of age.
- Minimum age for passengers: 12 years old.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Good shoes for the cold weather and warm socks.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
ARCANUM, it is located 9 km east of Skógar and 23 km west of Vík. Take road #222 and drive about 1,2 km to ARCANUM base.
Be prepared for ice-cold weather during winter and dress accordingly.
Additional 10.000 ISK is charged for a single ride, when odd numbers are booked (1, 3, 5, 7 ...)