The Blue Lagoon is only a 20 minutes' drive from Keflavik International Airport, making it an ideal choice as your first stop in Iceland. The Blue Lagoon is a unique geothermal spa where you can enjoy relaxing in warm geothermal seawater in extraordinary natural surroundings of amazing lava fields. This tour is great to take either on your arrival to Iceland, or on departure since, after visiting the Blue Lagoon, you have a choice of continuing on to Reykjavik, or returning to Keflavik International Airport. The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland's most famous attractions and a place everyone has to visit, at least once!
- Return bus fare
- Admission to the Blue Lagoon
- Season: All year
- Duration: 2 - 4 hours / flexible
- Departure days: Daily
- Departures from Keflavik/KEF Airport to Blue Lagoon:
1 September-31 May: 07:30, 08:30, 11:30, 15:30, 16:30, 17:30
1 June-31 August: 08:30, 09:45, 10:30, 11:45, 12:45, 15:45, 16:15, 16:45, 17:30
- Return details - from Blue Lagoon to Keflavik/KEF Airport:
1 September-31 May: 12:15, 14:15
1 June-31 August: 11:15, 12:15, 14:15, 16:30, 18:15, 21:00 and 22:00* (1 Jul – 15 Aug)
- If you wish to head from Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik:
1 September-31 May: 11:15, 12:15, 13:15, 14:15, 15:15, 16:15, 17:15, 18:15, 19:15, 21:15
1 June-31 August: 11:15, 12:15, 13:15, 14:15, 15:15, 16:15, 17:15, 18:15, 19:15, 21:15, 22:15; 01:15* (1 Jul – 15 Aug)
Youth (14-15): ISK 5450
Children (2-13): Free
The Blue Lagoon offers a wide selection of refreshments for purchase, from gourmet meals at the Lava Restaurant to ready-to-go bites at the Blue Café, and you can enjoy drinks at the outdoor bar while bathing.
Thanks to silica, other minerals and algae, the Blue Lagoon geothermal seawater is milky-blue in colour and it's well known for its healing and restorative properties. The Blue Lagoon holds around 6 million litres of geothermal seawater, at a temperature of 37°-39°C/98°-102°F, which is renewed every 40 hours.
● You can safely store your luggage at the Blue Lagoon while bathing. Storage cost is ISK 500 per bag.
● Towels and bathing suit are available for a small fee at the Blue Lagoon.
● After having enjoyed the Blue Lagoon, you can either return to Keflavik International Airport or continue on to Reykjavik.
● The drive to the Blue Lagoon takes about 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport and about 50 minutes from Reykjavik.
● The drop off in Reykjavik may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
Images / Video