Experience mountain biking on a summer night in Iceland! On our way we cycle by the "underground bakery" where the locals bake tasty 'Geysir' rye bread in geothermal ground. We visit the old steam baths, known from ancient times for their healing properties. We explore the steamy fissure of Grjotagja, set in a geothermal valley, and the old bathing caves, before continuing on to the Myvatn Nature Baths. We spend an hour relaxing in the soothing waters of these natural steam baths, enjoying the beauty of the remarkable surroundings.
- Fully guided tour
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Entrance fee to the Myvatn Nature Baths
- Season: 01 June - 31 August
- Duration: 2,5 - 3 hours
- Departures: Daily at 18:00 (6 pm) through June, July and August
- Departure from: Lake Myvatn area
- Meeting point: Reykjahlíð (Reykjahlid) village
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- Minimum age: 14
Swimsuits and towels can be rented at the Myvatn Nature Baths.
We recommend you bring
● Windproof and waterproof clothes
● Hat and gloves
● Good, sturdy walking shoes
● Water bottle
Notes / Disclaimer
● This tour is not suitable for young children. Minimum age for participation is 14. However, if your child is younger but used to outdoor activities and you are sure that the child would enjoy the tour, please send us an email advising us of your circumstances.
● The tour operator is not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the tour.
● You can find out more about this area of North Iceland in our article on Myvatn Lake
Images / Video