This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this tour you will be exploring the amazing Svinafellsjokull. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned to pick the best glaciers, you will get some facts from your local guide about the history and local geography.
- An amazing traveling experience to Svínafellsjökull.
- Approximately 1 hour - 1.5 hour exploring the glacier.
- An english speaking local tour guide.
- 4x4 car ride from the base.
- A brief lecture on the history and local geography.
- Crampons and all safety equipment.
- Season: From April to mid November.
- Duration: approximately 2.5-3 hours.
- Departures: Daily at 09:45 and 13:45
- Minimum age: 10 years old, younger than that is not allowed.
- Minimum of 2 participants.
- Max 12 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must (you are able to rent shoes from us).
Local Guide HQ in Fagurhólsmýri (N1 fuel automat at the same location)
1/2 hour east of Skaftafell and 1/2 hour west Jökulsárlón in southeast Iceland.
GPS: N63° 52.865 W16° 38.780 (WGS84, Degree-Minutes.Minutes) or 63.881083 -16.646333 (WGS84, Hd .d°)
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.