HORSEBACK RIDING TOUR FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS!
Experience the versatility of the Icelandic horse and go straight into exploring the Reykjanes preservation area from our stables in Hafnarfjörður. Cross the Kaldá river and ride around the dormant volcano of Mt. Helgafell or into the gorgeous Heiðmörk nature park with fellow travelers from the Viking Tour and our trained guides.
Please note that this tour is for strong intermediate riders that are comfortable and in control of the horse at all paces. The choice of route is dependent on both season and weather and is subject to change to ensure a fun experience for everyone.
At Íshestar we take pride in our personal service and limit group sizes to be 20 or below per riding group to ensure a safe and enjoyable tour for all of our guests. We look forward to showing you the Icelandic horse in it ́s natural surroundings!
Riding skills: This tour is recommended for strong intermediate riders. You should be in comfortable and in control at all paces, firm seat, comfortable in the saddle for up to 7 hours.
Please note that the riding time is 2 ½ – 3 hours, total of 5 hours with transfer.
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear/warm outfit during the ride
- 2H 30MIN riding, 5H total with transfer.
- Departure daily at 13:00
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German)
- Please note that it is not allowed to ride with backpacks or bags but Íshestar provides complementary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
What to bring:
- Comfortable pants
- Good sweater
- Your biggest smile!
Pick up starts at 11:30 Pick up from all points in Reykjavík
- AGE LIMIT TO RIDE ON THIS TOUR IS 12 YEARS OLD. CHILDREN 14 YEARS OR OLDER NEED WRITTEN PARENTAL PERMISSION TO RIDE ALONE
- THE WEIGHT LIMIT FOR ALL OUR TOURS IS 110 KG/240 LBS
- IF YOU ARE ARRIVING BY OWN CAR, PLEASE BE AT íSHESTAR STABLES 30 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE
Riding gear (riding trousers, jackets, hats, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear, gloves, and riding boots may not be brought into the country. Disinfecting of riding equipment