This Golden Circle excursion includes some of Iceland’s most stunning sights. You will see the hot spring Strokkur, visit the magnificent Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, explore the historical and geological wonder Þingvellir National Park, as well as learn how Icelanders use geothermal energy for greenhouse cultivation.
We first visit the Geysir geothermal area, where, along with the other interesting geothermal features, you will see the hot spring Strokkur shoot a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every 4-8 minutes. We then visit the magnificent Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, created where the glacial river Hvítá cascades and plunges into a crevice about 32 m (105 ft.) deep. Gullfoss waterfall is 2,5 km long, some 20 m wide, really spectacular and deservedly one of Iceland's most celebrated sights.
Our tour also includes Þingvellir National Park, a World Heritage Site of immense historical and geological importance. Þingvellir National Park is the place where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates can be seen on land, as they continue to pull apart at a rate of a few centimetres per year.
We will also visit the idyllic Fridheimar greenhouse cultivation centre, where we learn about the magic and science behind growing delicious, pesticide-free vegetables, using geothermal heat. In addition, it's a wonderful opportunity to see some of Iceland's rural landscapes.
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- Admission to Friðheimar cultivation centre
- Season: All year
- Duration: 09:00 - 17:00
- Departures: 08:00 June 1st - September 30th, Daily all year at 09:00
- Pickup: Free pickup at hotels & guesthouses 30 minutes before departure
8 o'clock departure
• English: Daily (1 June - 30 Sept)
9 o'clock departure
• English: Daily (all year)
• German: Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat (all year)
• French: Thu & Sun (all year)
• Scandinavian: Fri (all year) & Mon (5 June - 25 Sept)
• Spanish: Wed & Sat (3 June - 30 Sept)
Age 12-15: ISK 5450
Children 0-11: Free
Images / Video