This tour provides a great horseback riding experience for everyone, whether beginner or expert, and a delightful way to combine exploring Iceland's nature and getting to know the small but astonishingly strong Icelandic horse. Our journey takes us through the historical valley of Mosfellsdalur near Reykjavik. There is no better way to explore the Icelandic landscape, than to ride through it!
- Horseback riding trip with expert guide
- Free pickup from hotels & guesthouses in Reykjavik
- Basic riding gear: helmet, boots and rainwear (snowsuits in wintertime)
- Return transfer to hotels & guesthouses in Reykjavik
- Season: All year
- Duration: Riding is 1½ - 2 hours, depending on season
- Duration: total duration with pickup is approximately 3½ hours
- Departures: Pickup starts at 9:10 & 13:10 every day, from Reykjavik
- Refreshments are available for purchase
Children under 12: ISK 8500
After picking you up in Reykjavik, we drive to the riding centre, located only 15 minutes from Reykjavik. At the farm, we provide you with all the basic riding equipment, including safety helmets, boots and rain clothes, or snowsuits in wintertime.
We choose the most suitable horse to match your experience. Icelandic horses are attentive, have a friendly temperament, and they are closely attuned to their environment. They are a great pleasure to ride in their natural surroundings.
After the ride we will provide transport back to your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik.
Images / Video