We drive to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your guide will tell you all about Thingvellir along the way. You then explore one of Iceland's best kept secrets: the Silfra freshwater fissure, a submerged rift between two tectonic plates. Iceland is the only place in Europe where you can see a mid-ocean ridge on land and in water. On this tour, you swim between the Eurasian and North American continental plates and watch an otherworldly scene unfold.
Snorkelling is for everybody and it's a fantastic experience. You don't need to be a certified diver in order to join our snorkelling tour and experience water at its clearest, revealing a fascinating world below the surface. The clarity of the Silfra waters is exceptional - the visibility exceeds 100 meters (328 feet), making it one of the world's top snorkelling and diving sites. Come and enjoy Silfra Iceland snokel tour, it´s truly an amazing experience.
- Guided tour with snorkelling
- All the equipment needed for snorkelling, including a dry suit
- Transportation to Thingvellir National Park
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkelling trip
- Entrance fee (ISK 800) into Silfra
- Season: All year round
- Duration: 4 - 5 hours
- Departures: Daily
Morning Snorkelling Tour:
11:00-11:30 from 1 October until 31 March
08:00-08:30 from 1 April until 31 September
Midnight Sun Snorkelling Tour:
16:00-16:30 from 15 March until 31 August
- Pickup time from 1 October until 31 March: 10:00-10:30
- Pickup time from 1 April until 31 September: 08:00-08:30
- Meeting time at the Information Centre at Þingvellir National Park: approx. 1 hour later
- Min / Max: Maximum of 8 snorkelers per snorkel guide.
be at least 150cm tall
be at least 45kg
be at least 12 years of age
be comfortable in water and be able to swim
be physically fit
be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
not be pregnant
Anyone above 60 years old and/or with a history of medical condition fills out and present us the medical form attached here.
Please sign and bring with you our liability release form.
Silfra is an extreme environment— the water is near freezing 2-4°C (35-39°F) year around, it is a health and safety aspect we take very seriously.
Please confirm via email:
● Your pick-up location, including the street address
● Contact phone number with country code
● Name, height and weight for each participant
● Do all the participants have swimming experience?
Please bring with you
● A towel, warm woollen socks & undergarments; a change of clothes
● If you have bad eyesight: wear contact lenses or bring your own goggles with prescription
● You can find more information about the site in the article on Þingvellir National Park
Images / Video