An exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and an unforgettable experience of walking on a glacier, being a glacier-explorer discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world, surrounded by spectacular scenery.
On the way to the glacier, we travel through farming lands and small villages of south Iceland, with views to Eyjafjallajokull glacier and Hekla volcano on cloudless days. Eyjafjallajokull glacier is less than two hours' drive from Reykjavik, and Solheimajokull glacier is just a little further. On the glacier, you will experience walking on glacial ice, discovering the surreal and awe inspiring frozen world that few get to see.
On this tour you also see the striking waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. The scenery throughout the journey is amazing, so be sure to bring your camera along.
- Guided bus/coach tour with audio guidance
- Approximately 3-3.5 hour guided glacier hike
- Ice hiking gear & safety equipment
- Transportation from and to Reykjavik by coach
- Pickup at hotels & guesthouses 30 minutes before departure
- Season: All year
- Duration: approximately 10 hours
- Departures: Daily at 09:00 am Pickup from: 08:30
- Minimum age: 10 years; children 9 years and younger are not permitted on this tour
Youth (10-15 years): ISK 12950
We recommend you bring
● Bottle of water & snacks for the day
● Warm outdoor clothing
● Waterproof jacket and pants
● Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses
● Good hiking shoes are a must
Solheimajokull glacier hike
The Solheimajokull glacier snout stretches some 8 km from the majestic Myrdalsokull glacier down to the sandy plains of south Iceland. We will first provide you with basic glacier equipment and teach you how to use it, before walking onto the glacier. On the glacier, you will experience walking on glacial ice, discovering the surreal and awe inspiring frozen world that few get to see. Please note that ice climbing is not included in this tour.
Skogafoss & Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
On our way back to Reykjavik, we stop at the striking waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. Skogafoss is an exceptionally beautiful waterfall, plummeting down a 62 m height, while Seljalandsfoss cascades down a 64m height and is unique in that it's a waterfall you can walk behind.
Once in Reykjavik we will drop you off at your hotel.
● Drop off after day tours occasionally might not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse, due to narrow streets and actual coach size used during the tour.
● Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.
Images / Video