Fantastic opportunity to experience the stunning, surreal landscapes that Iceland is so famous for, at very close quarters. We explore the Reykjanes peninsula which is just minutes away from the Keflavik International Airport. We first drive through the rugged lava fields of the peninsula towards the Reykjanes headland, the lighthouse and parts of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. At one point you will be travelling through two continents where as the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. You'll be able to sight volcanic craters and geothermal wonders, such as hot springs and steam vents, before continuing along the dramatic black sand beach in Sandvik which was the filming location for Clint Eastwood's film Flags of Our Fathers.
At the oldest lighthouse in Iceland, we stop for some refreshments: hot chocolate, Icelandic homemade twisted doughnuts (kleinur) and glazed cinnamon rolls (snúðar).
- Guided ATV tour of 3 - 4 hours duration
- Light refreshments
- Hot volcanic lava stones
- Oldest lighthouse in Iceland
- Bridge between two continents
- Black sandy beach where Clint Eastwood filmed scenes in the motion picture Flags of Our Fathers
- Season: All year
- Duration: 6-7 hours with transport; ATV tour duration is 3 - 4 hours
- Departure: ATV tour starts at Grindavik - daily at 10:00 am
- Pickup: 08:30 from your hotel in Reykjavik or Keflavik
- Transport to Reykjavik / Keflavik available for purchase:
To Reykjavik - at 12:00, 15:00, 17:15 & 19:00.
To Keflavik International Airport - at 12:00, 14:00 & 15:00
Solo quad bike ride: ISK 9000
Transport service to and from Reykjavik or Keflavik: ISK 3900
Stopover at the Blue Lagoon after the tour.
After the tour, it's ideal to relax in the Blue Lagoon, the celebrated geothermal spa, where you can wash off the dust and revitalise surrounded by spectacular nature. You can choose a time to return to either Reykjavik or Keflavik International Airport as per schedule above. Please note, admission to the Blue Lagoon is not included.
50% discount for youth under 17
Age limit: 6 years
No minimum number of participants
The ATV driver needs to present a valid driver's licence.
Images / Video