A wonderful adventure in the magical frozen landscapes surrounding Lake Myvatn, on Nordic skis. Our path depends on the snow conditions and the skiing ability level of the participants. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier, we find the right place to enjoy a true adventure in the winter wonderland by Lake Myvatn.
- Fully guided tour
- Skis and poles
- Ski boots
- Season: 01 October - 31 April, weather conditions permitting
- Duration: 1 - 2,5 hours
- Level of difficulty: easy/moderate
- Departures: Upon request and weather permitting
- Departure from: Lake Myvatn area
- Meeting point: Reykjahlíð (Reykjahlid) village
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- Minimum age: 14
You can also choose our snowshoeing tour: Search for the Trolls at Lake Myvatn
Lake Myvatn is located in the heart of north-eastern Iceland, about 105 km (65 mi) south of the Arctic Circle. The surrounding volcanically created landscape is strikingly beautiful in all seasons. Journeying through this area during winter, when the fantastic lava forms are covered by snow and the lake is frozen, has a particularly enchanting atmosphere about it – a true sense of being in a magical winter wonderland.
We recommend you bring
● Warm winter clothes
● Hat and gloves
● Good, sturdy boots
Notes / Disclaimer
● This tour is not suitable for young children. Minimum age for participation is 14. However, if your child is younger but used to outdoor activities and you are sure that the child would enjoy the tour, please send us an email advising us of your circumstances.
● You need to have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen tour and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment.
● The tour operator is not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the tour.
● You can find out more about this area of North Iceland in our article on Myvatn Lake
Images / Video