Fun sightseeing winter activity on snowshoes, exploring nature in its winter glory and hearing about Icelandic folk tales and beliefs. No experience needed. We walk through the remarkable lava formations of Dimmuborgir, the "Dark Castles", looking for the trolls lurking around!
- Fully guided tour
- Snowshoes and poles
- Season: 01 October - 31 April, weather conditions permitting
- Duration: 1 - 2,5 hours
- Level of difficulty: easy/moderate
- Departures: Upon request and weather permitting
- Departure from: Lake Myvatn area
- Meeting point: Reykjahlíð (Reykjahlid) village
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- Minimum age: 14
You can also choose our Nordic skiing tour: Frozen Wonderland by Lake Myvatn
Lake Myvatn is located about 90 km east of Akureyri in North Iceland. Exploring these surreal and beautiful landscapes in wintertime, while learning about the rich folklore inherited from the Viking and Celtic traditions is an experience that will create lasting memories.
We recommend you bring
● Warm winter clothes
● Hat and gloves
● Good, sturdy hiking boots
Notes / Disclaimer
● This tour is not suitable for young children. Minimum age for participation is 14. However, if your child is younger but used to outdoor activities and you are sure that the child would enjoy the tour, please send us an email advising us of your circumstances.
● You need to have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen tour and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment.
● The tour operator is not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the tour.
Images / Video