Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon is one of the great natural wonders of Iceland, a chosen location for several major films. Filled with light-reflecting icebergs, the lagoon is an extraordinary sight at all times, and with a little luck, we might even see it reflecting the Northern Lights!
The lagoon is every photographers dream model. You will be able to take as many photos as you like. If you are lucky, you might even be able to see some seals in their natural habitant.
You will be going as close as possible, it is safe, to see the Zodiac. The glacier and the caves are so amazing, it won't be like anything you have ever seen before.
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, the largest glacial lake in Iceland, located at the south end of the Vatnajokull glacier, between Skaftafell nature reserve in Vatnajokull National Park and the coastal town of Hofn.
- 1 hour boat ride
- Safety jacket
- Guided tour with English speaking guide
- With a little luck - the northern lights!
- Season: 1. May - 10. October.
- Maximum passenger per trip: 18 people.
- Departures: Multiple departures per day, please see calendar below.
- It is not advised to take children under the age of 10 on this trip.
Not included: Waterproof shoes, rain jackets.
Please bring with you: windproof & waterproof clothing, warm clothing, warm headwear & winter gloves; your camera.
● You can check the aurora forecast on the Icelandic Met Office site and also find out more about aurora activity.
● It is really important to respect the wild life.