This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this tour you will be exploring the amazing Vatnajökull with a local guide. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned to pick the safest and best trails to go on.
Before all the fun starts we will gear you up. It is really important to be dressed appropriately for glacier hiking (see below). You are able to rent good hiking shoes from us if that is needed.
We start off by taking a Super Jeep ride closer to the glacier, a boat ride follows with the ice cold Icelandic water. We then take a magical walk through the wonderland of the glaciers. We will see some waterfalls, volcanic ash and so much more.
This tour is perfect for all travellers. We can adjust the climbing part to the groups ability. No experience is needed.
- An amazing traveling experience in Vatnajökull.
- Approximately 4 hour - 4.5 hour exploring.
- An English speaking local tour guide.
- 4x4 car ride from the base.
- An ice axe and crampons.
- Mountaineering boots and climbing crampons.
- Harness and a helmet.
- Life vest for the boat tour.
- All safety equipment.
- Season: From May to October.
- Duration: approximately 4 to 5 hours (2 – 3 hour on the glacier).
- Departures: Daily at 09:30.
- Minimum age: 14 years old, younger than that is not allowed.
- Minimum of 2 participants.
- Maximum of 4 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- 3 layers of clothing.
- Rain gear if needed.
- Warm, but thin headwear
- Gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must (you are able to rent shoes from us).
Hali Country Hotel reception. See map here, https://goo.gl/pTAK2q
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.