We travel along the beautiful coastline of North Iceland, Tröllaskagi Peninsula is dotted with picturesque fishing villages with amazing views of the North Atlantic.
On this tour we also learn about the fascinating era of herring fishing in this part of Iceland and how herring industry has shaped the culture and effected people's lives in Iceland during the last century. Siglufjordur is one of the coastal towns most profoundly changed by the arrival of the herring to Icelandic waters. Within four decades, the tiny hamlet was transformed into a bustling town numbering more than 3000 inhabitants, and tens of thousands seasonal workers.
We take our time to walk on a black sand beach in Ólafsfjörður Village. From there we travel to Siglufjörður Village, the shooting location on the popular Icelandic TV series “Trapped”, setting the right atmosphere for the thrilling series. Among other stops is the busy harbor area of Dalvík Village, one of the biggest port in Icelandic fishing industry, and the old herring factory in Hjalteyri Village.
The tour ends with a special visit to Kaldi Brewery, Iceland’s first micro-brewery, were we will get to taste their products, along with local food, matched with their brew.
- Guided excursion in a van / mini bus
- Beer and food tasting at Kaldi Brewery
- Free hotel pick up in Akureyri 10-20 minutes before
- Season: September 1st - April 30th
- Duration: 5 hours
- Departures: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- Free pick up from hotels / guesthouses in Akureyri, starting 15 min before departure
- Minimum in tour: 2 adults
- The Arctic Coastline
- Olaffjordur Black sand beach
- Hjalteyri, Dalvik and Olafsfjordur Villages
- Siglufjordur Fjord
- Kaldi Brewery
- Shooting location of TV series Trapped
Children 0-12: ISK 9450
● Reservation is necessary
● Weather is always a factor in Iceland, especially in winter so the itinerary can change and the tour could get longer
Images / Video