Visit peaceful, yet festive Hrísey island, the second largest island in Iceland after Heimaey, one of the Westman islands.
We depart from Torfunefsbryggja in Akureyri for a 4.5 hour wonderfully scenic excursion. Once in Hrísey you will enjoy a guided tour on a tractor, indulge on a deliciously fresh seafood meal at a cute local restaurant and have fun while being entertained by some local musicians.
Hrísey’ is not only unique in its culture and the incredibly helpful and open minded locals but its also a real paradise for bird watchers. Hrísey is home to a wide variety of birds, most notably perhaps the Ptarmigan, which changes colours from winter to summer.
There are very few cars on the island, but the inhabitants use old tractors to get around. Some of them have even been specially modified to transfer passengers. This is just one of the many examples of how these wonderful people go about their daily lives and have their own way of doing things.
- Expert whale watching guide
- Multiple viewing platforms
- 360° panorama from top deck
- Commentary through on board sound system
- Heated indoor cabin with toilet facilities
- Comfortable cushioned seats & ample space
- Light snacks, coffee, beer & soft drinks available on board
- Season: Daily June - August
- Duration: Approximately 4 and a half hour tour
- Departure point: Torfunefsbryggja harbor
- Departure times: Daily
- Minimum age: No age limit
Arrive at the harbour 30 minutes before departure
Our staff is well trained and our customers’ wellbeing and safety is our highest priority.