To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of color, light and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic. We drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on weather.
The Northern Lights, or the Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar caps.
- Fully guided tour
- An English speaking guide.
- Free Cancelation
- VAT\Taxes included
- No Booking Fees
- Northern Lights hunting
- Iceland´s winter landscape
- Mystery adventure
- Season: 1 September - 15 April
- Duration: 2.5 - 3 hrs
- Departures: Daily at 21:30
- Minimum age: No age limit
- Changes to itinirary and cancelations are notified only by email
- In case of no sighting we offer a complementary second departure
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Good shoes for the cold weather and warm socks.
- Warm headwear and gloves
- Your camera!
The Northern Lights Tour from Akureyri departs from Saga Travel Office in Akureyri Center, see map here. The Bus departs daily at 21:30 during the Northern Lights season (September 1st – April 15th).
Be prepared for cold weather during winter and dress accordingly.
See our article on the Icelandic Northern Lights here