A RIDING TOUR IN REYKJAVIK FOR EXPERIENCED RIDERS!
Are you an experienced rider who wants to see the capabilities of the Icelandic horse? Then the exciting Viking Tour day-trip is for you. From our stables, we ride on excellent riding paths where we cross either the Kaldá River, go explore Heiðmörk Nature Park or ride around Mt. Helgafell.
The tour starts with a shorter introductory ride in the morning (Lava tour) before we make a stop for lunch. Upon completing lunch, we continue exploring the different gaits of the Icelandic horse – be prepared to ride trot, the unique tölt or short canter in a beautiful scenery.
In the afternoon your group will be joined by fellow travelers on the Viking Express tour as we continue exploring both the Icelandic horse and dramatic landscape our surroundings have to offer. Please note that this tour is for strong intermediate riders that are comfortable and in control of the horse at all paces. The final choice of route is dependent on both season and weather and is subject to change to ensure a fun and adventurous experience for everyone.
At Íshestar we take pride in our personal service and limit group sizes to be 20 or below per riding group to ensure a safe and enjoyable tour for all of our guests. We look forward to showing you the Icelandic horse in its natural surroundings! Our stables are located a short 20-minute drive outside of Reykjavik’s city center.
Please note that the riding time is 4 ½ – 5 hours, total of 7 hours with a transfer.
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear/warm outfit during the ride
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German).
- Diparture daily at 10:00
- Duration: 4H 30MIN (Total 7 hours with transfer)
- Please note that it is not allowed to ride with backpacks or bags but Íshestar provides complimentary safety boxes at the stables for valuables.
What to bring:
- Comfortable Pants
- Good sweater
- A Smile!
Pick up is at 09:00. Pick up from all pick up points in Reykjavik.
- AGE LIMIT TO RIDE ON THIS TOUR IS 12 YEARS OLD AND MUST HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE RIDING IN OPEN TERRAIN. CHILDREN 14 YEARS OR OLDER NEED WRITTEN PARENTAL PERMISSION TO RIDE ALONE
- THE WEIGHT LIMIT FOR ALL OUR TOURS IS 110 KG/240 LBS
- IF YOU ARE ARRIVING BY OWN CAR, PLEASE BE AT OUR STABLES 30 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE
Riding gear (riding trousers, jackets, hats, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear, gloves, and riding boots may not be brought into the country.