This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this trip we will be going into the second and most spectacular glacier in Iceland.
The adventure begins at the BSI bus terminal. from there we will be going to the lush Husafell area and stop at Europe's most powerful hot spring Deildartunguhver and the amazing lava waterfalls Hraunfossar. After enjoying Lunch in this beautiful environment, we head to the glacier, Langijökull. We will drive to it in a Monster Truck and explore the amazing inside of the man made tunnels.
Book your trip now to live this amazing experience.
- An amazing traveling experience to an ice cave.
- Bus fare.
- Approximately a 2 – 2.5 hours Monster Truck ride on Langjökull glacier.
- An english speaking driver / guide / audio guidance.
- 4x4 car ride.
- 9 hour adventure.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- Season: All year.
- Duration: approximately 4 hours during winter and 2.5 hours in the summer time.
- Departures: 09:00, 12:00 (1 May - 30 October).
- Minimum age: there is no age limit on this tour.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water and food.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must.
- Bring your camera!
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.
The trips are different between seasons.
You will have to get to one of the meeting points yourself, Husafell or Klaki base camp.