This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring on a snowmobile. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
You will go with a partner on a snowmobile and take turns driving it to the amazing glacier. Anyone with a driving license and has reach the age of 17 can take part in driving the snowmobile. You will be going with a very experienced guide and he will teach you the basic about driving the snowmobile.
You will be driving on the glacier at 1300m over sea level, therefor you will have a spectacular view of the glacier and the Icelandic highlands.
On this tour you will go into the second largest glaciers and one of the most amazing glaciers in Iceland. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned how to make the trip better every time. You will get about an hour ezploring the glacier.
The trips are different in the supper and winter. In the winter please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell. In the summer time we departure from both places.
- An amazing traveling experience to an ice cave.
- Approximately an hour exploring the glacier.
- An english speaking guide / audio guidance.
- Snowmobile ride and lecture.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- Season: All year.
- Duration: approximately 4 hours during winter and 2.5 hours in the summer time.
- Departures: Daily 09:20 from Húsafell for the 10:00 departure from Klaki base camp. 11:50 from Húsafell for the 12:30 departure from Klaki base camp.
- Minimum age: To drive the snowmobile you have to have driving licence and be 17 years of age.
- Minimum of 2 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water and some snacks.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Bring your camera!
Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge.
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.
The trips are different between seasons.
You will have to get to one of the meeting points yourself, Husafell or Klaki base camp.