This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this tour you will go into one of the most amazing glaciers in Iceland, Vatnajokull. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned to pick the best glacier Ice cave for every trip. You will be going into the blue glacier, the blue glacier only forms at a certain time of the year, and is therefor only accessible in the winter.
On this trip you will be going to the most beautiful ice cave in the south region and get to spend an entire day there.
- An amazing traveling experience to an ice cave.
- Almost a full day exploring.
- An english speaking local tour guide.
- 4x4 car ride.
- The nicest ice cave of the day.
- Walk on and inside the Ice caves.
- Season: From the 15th of October to the 31st of March. These dates might change, under different circumstances.
- Duration: approximately 5-6 hours.
- Departures: Daily at 9:30.
- Minimum age: 16 years old, children younger than that are not allowed.
- Maximum of 8 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water and snacks.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must! (you are able to rent shoes from us).
Local Guide HQ in Fagurhólsmýri (N1 fuel automat at the same location)
1/2 hour east of Skaftafell and 1/2 hour west Jökulsárlón in southeast Iceland.
GPS: N63° 52.865 W16° 38.780 (WGS84, Degree-Minutes.Minutes) or 63.881083 -16.646333 (WGS84, Hd .d°)
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.