The tour starts with a briefing and safety instructions at the ARCANUM base nearby Mýrdalsjökull glacier in South Iceland.
From the base, we head down to the black lava sands, crossing small rivers on the way. The black lava sand derives from previous glacial outbursts of the dormant volcano Katla.
Down at the black beach we stop and enjoy the amazing view up to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier and along the coast to the southernmost part of Iceland, the small peninsula Dyrhólaey.
On we go along the coast to the famous aircraft wreck, from there we continue to the river Jökulsá and up to the foot of the mountain.
On the return ride, we follow the mountain back to the base.
This tour gives you the opportunity to get in touch with the raw black lava sand landscape by the south coast, an unforgettable experience of conflicting landscapes where the nature envelopes the traveler in its warm embrace.
A valid driver's license is required to drive a quad bike.
- An amazing traveling experience in the highlands.
- An English speaking guide.
- ATV per two persons
- Insulated cover-all
- Snowmobile balaclava face mask
- Season: All year.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Departures: Daily at 10:00, 12:30 and 15:00
- Minimum age: To drive the snowmobile you have to have driver license and be 17 years of age.
- Minimum age for passengers: 10 years old.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Good shoes for the cold weather and warm socks.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
ARCANUM, it is located 9 km east of Skógar and 23 km west of Vík. Take road #222 and drive about 1,2 km to ARCANUM base.
Be prepared for ice-cold weather during winter and dress accordingly.
Additional 10.000 ISK is charged for a single ride, when odd numbers are booked (1, 3, 5, 7 ...)