This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this tour you will go into the second largest and one of the most amazing glaciers in Iceland. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned how to make the trip better every time. This trip is safe and family friendly.
- An amazing traveling experience to an ice cave.
- Approximately an hour exploring the cave.
- An english speaking driver / guide / audio guidance.
- 4x4 car ride.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- FREE WiFi in the glacier vehicles.
- Season: All year.
- Duration: approximately 4 hours during winter and 2.5 hours in the summer time.
- Departures: Daily at 09:20, 09:50, 11:50, 13:20 and 14:20 from Husafell to Klaki base camp (1st of June- 15th of October).
- Minimum age: there is no age limit on this tour.
- Minimum of 2 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water and some snacks.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must.
- Bring your camera!
Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge. The trips are different in the summer and winter. In the winter please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell. In the summer time we departure from both places. In the summer, to get to Klaki base camp however you must drive on road 550 from Húsafell. This is a gravel road only meant for 4x4 cars or buses equipped for mountain road driving. We, therefore, offer everyone with smaller cars the option of signing up for a shuttle from Húsafell.
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.
The trips are different between seasons.
You will have to get to one of the meeting points yourself, Husafell or Klaki base camp.