This tour offers an exhilarating glacier adventure with exceptional sightseeing and truly unforgettable glacier exploring. Surrounded by spectacular scenery, being a glacier-explorer allows the unique experience of discovering the shapes and colours of the frozen world.
On this tour you will be exploring the amazing Vatnajökull. We have been exploring glaciers for over 20 years and in that time have learned to pick the best glaciers.
We will drive as close as we can get to the glacier and start our adventure from there. We will put on our crampons (included), and start our hike with an ice axe (also, included).
- An amazing traveling experience in Vatnajökull.
- Approximately 4 hour - 4.5 hour exploring.
- An english speaking local tour guide.
- 4x4 car ride from the base.
- An ice axe and crampons.
- All safety equipment.
- Season: From May to September.
- Duration: approximately 4 - 4.5 hours.
- Departures: Daily at 13:00.
- Minimum age: 14 years old, younger than that is not allowed.
- Minimum of 2 participants.
We recommend you bring
- Bottle of water and some snacks.
- Warm outdoor clothing.
- Waterproof jacket and pants.
- Warm headwear, gloves and sunglasses.
- Good hiking shoes are a must (you are able to rent shoes from us).
Local Guide HQ in Fagurhólsmýri (N1 fuel automat at the same location)
1/2 hour east of Skaftafell and 1/2 hour west Jökulsárlón in southeast Iceland.
GPS: N63° 52.865 W16° 38.780 (WGS84, Degree-Minutes.Minutes) or 63.881083 -16.646333 (WGS84, Hd .d°)
Be prepared for ice-cold weather and dress accordingly.
Our article on South Iceland has more information about this region.